Send us your poetry now to win cash prizes!
$125, $75, and $50 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Entry fee: $10. Deadline for entries: March 30, 2018.
We seek to publish all types of well-crafted poems which go beyond description, and resonate with rich language, clear images and a voice. Streetlight welcomes work by both emerging and established poets.
- Send us 3-5 previously unpublished poems.
- Multiple contest entries by the same author are permitted, but each entry is limited to 5 poems.
- Simultaneous submissions at other magazines are okay. Notify us immediately if a piece is accepted elsewhere.
- Poems may be on any subject.
- We prefer that individual poems be one page or less in length.
- Contest deadline is Friday, March 30, 2018 midnight EST.
- Winners will be announced on April 20th, 2018, and all winning entries will be published in Streetlight Magazine. Additionally, all contest entries will be further considered by our poetry editor for general publication in Streetlight’s poetry category.
- Entry fee: $10
- Winners will be chosen by our poetry editor Roselyn Elliott.
CASH PRIZES (paid by check):
- 1st place: $125.00
- 2nd place: $75.00
- 3rd place: $50.00
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- By submitting your work, you grant Streetlight Magazine first North American print and electronic publication rights and guarantee that the submission is your own, original writing. All rights return to the author after publication.
- If you publish your work again at a later date, we request that you include a notice stating that it was first published at Streetlight Magazine.
- Streetlight will only mark contest entries as ACCEPTED. Our editors do NOT decline contest entries nor close them out. After the contest deadline, winners are announced, and non-winning entries are considered for general publication.
- All winning poems will be published in the spring quarter on our website and also at the end of 2018 in the 2018 Streetlight annual anthology. You may opt-out of the anthology if for some reason you do not wish to be published in print.
Share this post with your friends.