-
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 3 days, 2 hours ago
I tell my wife we are all drawn to sadness by Casey Killingsworth
Nothing changes after the year we spend our Sunday mornings offering tea to the homeless in the shadow of the Mission, you know, […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 1 week, 3 days ago
Prep work by Katherine Gotthardt
The last thing I drank was clear. The number of times I’ve had to repeat this reproduces, every anesthesiologist preparing for vomit, I guess. M […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 2 weeks ago
Looking for Definition by Fred Wilbur
If the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin. —Charles Darwin,Voyage of the Be […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Yoga Today by Fred Wilbur
Among the activities of our local Parks and Recreation Department are youth sports (including cheerleading), a genealogy class, bingo, adult […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Not Unlike Damon and Pythias by Zachary Lundgren
A friend once drove out of town so fast he didn’t know if he was headed north or south. He just wanted to make the coast and finally learn how t […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 2 months ago
2026 Poetry Contest Announcement by Fred Wilbur
As I read this year’s contest entries, I accumulated a deep appreciation for the humans who invested the thought and energy to create them and who t […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 2 months ago
Bloodless by Martin Vest
I don’t want to be eaten by a grizzly, my dad would say every time we were camping. But I wouldn’t want to be here if it weren’t possi […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 2 months, 1 week ago
The Kestrel Blues by Marjorie Gowdy
He perches boldlyon the old phone wiredown Canning Factory Road. He sings killy killy killya violent tune for a falconpainted in col […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Human Entanglement and Woman, Falling, 2 poems by Karl Meade
Human Entanglement After they split the atom, broke our water into hydrogen, and hydrogen, and the oxygen you couldn’t breathe, we and the h […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 2 months, 3 weeks ago
The hothouse by D S Maolalai
wondering at marriage; at what it’s really like and what it does to you – like: I know that I do love her but will it dislocate my bone […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 3 months ago
A Block Off Henderson by Chris Dahl
“The deer stood like a blessing, then vanished.” —Jane Hirschfield, “Standing Deer” And this is how it is when I see the two-point, […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 4 months ago
Interests of Old by Fred Wilbur
My teacher wife says that one learns by teaching. Of course, a good teacher must have mastery over the material to be taught. Another step of this […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 4 months, 1 week ago
Accent by Abraham Kedong Ali
I write in an accent interposed by war school closure, hunger and starvation. I write in an accent interposed by the absence of my father, […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Jasper Johns by Charles Rummelkamp
I read in the paper today was the birthday of the artist Jasper Johns, 95. I didn’t realize he was still alive. I remember him from Art Hi […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Ode to a Safety Pin by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg
Genius of oval, ovum, overlap capable of great feats, holding back the waterfall of too much cleavage or in my case, too vast a high […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 5 months ago
Darkness Over America by Fred Wilbur
Twenty five hundred years ago, the Buddha propounded (among other ideas) that nothing in existence is permanent. Bob Dylan’s “The Times They Are A-C […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 5 months, 1 week ago
It's Raining by Ben Sloan
At age five, after my country doctor grandfather dies, fascinated by the black-and-white photos in his discarded depression-era medical books […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 6 months, 1 week ago
Lake George in My Heart by David Stern
My wife and I sought sanctuary by the lake, our two sons in tow. The four-hour car trip was nonstop requests for candy, cookies, sodas laced with […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Harvester by Ned Kraft
Once mown a tedder spreads the murdered crop to dry, draws a swath, a windrow waiting. Three days of drought and the hay is fit to […] -
Fred Wilbur wrote a new post 7 months, 1 week ago
A Necessary Addiction by Fred Wilbur
Recently, my wife and I attended a dinner gathering of ten academics of which half were retired. We had met all before, though only a few do we […] - Load More